Mythology/zeus

Question
in greek mythology it says that zeus has the most destructive power, the lightning bolt, but that is nothing compare to helios who has the power of the sun?how can they keep him as their ultimate god?

another question are titans gigantic in size?  

i hope u answer them i am in love with greek mythology but i hear only people's opinion not real facts from an expet

Answer
Hello,

in Greek mythology Zeus, the son of Kronos and  Rhea,  was  not only the king of all the gods & goddesses, but also the god of sky and weather, law, order and fate. He dwelt on Mount Olympus in Thessaly, which was believed to penetrate with its lofty summit into heaven itself.He was armed with thunder and lightning, and the shaking of his aegis produced storm and tempest all over the world.

So, he had  the most destructive power  much superior to the  power of any other god, including Helios, the god of the sun, who was the guardian of oaths and the god of gift of sight.
Helios dwelt in a golden palace located in the River Okeanos at the eastern ends of the earth. From there he emerged each dawn driving a chariot drawn by four, fiery winged steeds and crowned with the aureole of the sun.

His power  was however inferior to that of Zeus, as we read in Homer, Hesiod and other ancient Greek primary sources.

As for how the ancient Greeks could  keep Zeus  as their most important god, it was likely because Zeus had all kinds of power, whereas Helios was associated only to the sun and its sunrise & sunset.

In fact, there is no myth that tells of  Helios power, while there are many myths that celebrates Zeus power.

Lastly, with regard to  the  Titans, a race of  six elder gods  placed beneath Tartarus into nether darkness, where they  were hurled by Zeus from Olympus at the end of a ten year war ( the Titanomachy), they are often portrayed as  gigantic in size, especially in the Thrakian and Thessalian tradition, whereas their six sisters, titled Titanides (or female Titanes), were not gigantic in size.

Best regards,
Maria  

Mythology

Maria