Mythology/Loki and Sigyn

Question
Hello, I am currently writing a novel based on the past of Loki and his wife Sigyn and was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me?
1. Do you possibly know how to pronounce the name Hve­rungr?  I have looked everywhere and can't find any places that can tell me how to pronounce it.
2.  Can you tell me anything about Sigyn's past? The books I have gathered on the subject have only told me that she has 5 sisters, she is Iwaldi's daughter and Freya's daughter, she is from Vaneheim and she marries Loki and holds a bowl over his head to stop venom from dripping on his head.  Unfortunately that is all I can find on her other than Marvel Universe information.
3. I have different information as to who Sigyn's sisters are and the most I've seen is that Sigyn's eldest sister is Idunn, however I believed Idunn to be the goddess with the apples that kept the god's young.  Is this the same person or is Sigyn's eldest sister someone else?
Thank you so much!

Answer
Hi Melanie,

sorry for my late reply but I too have looked long and hard for the pronunciation and I could not find anything either.
I did contact some people in Norway and Sweden but they gave me 4 different kinds of pronunciation so I am afraid I cannot help you here

2. As you say she is the wife of Loki with whom she has a son called Nari or Narfi. Also the part about the venom is what I know to be correct. Loki bound by the guts of his son Nari has his other son Vali turned into a wolf. The goddess Ska𩠢inds a venomous snake over his head that drips poison on him and Sigyn holds a bowl offer his head to catch the venom.
Theories exist of Sigyn being a much older goddess possibly dating back to German paganism.

Nice site telling much more about sigyn
http://www.northernpaganism.org/shrines/sigyn/welcome.html

3. I found that Idunn has two other sisters
citing edda
The Third Edda adds that Idunn had two sisters: one was Mara, a gnome of the kind that squats on the chest of a sleeping mortal and whispers nightmares in his or her ears; she was much feared and hated. The other was Lj����n, referred to as "a maid as fair as Idunn was, yet through and through fair, and without guile"
ending citation

I hope this has helped you

again sorry for the long wait

Kind Regards

Frank

Mythology

Frank Terveen