Mythology/apotropaic imagery

Other than Medusa, what mythological characters/ creatures serve apotropaic roles?

Context: I am writing a paper on Medusa’s iconography from the ancient world through the present day. One of the sections of my paper focuses on apotropaic iconography.

I am looking for information on apotropaic imagery not only in Ancient Greece, but around the world.

Hi Carly

This is kind of a hard question to answer.
I know for a fact that Nike and Hermes were gods to ask for luck.
Other than a real god things to meant good luck were a thunderclap without lightning was seen as a positive thing from Zeus.

Sorry but that is all I can come up with for now

Hope it helps a little

Frank Terveen

I am a long time member of mythological creatures here at all experts I specialize in Greek Mythology and Norse Mythology I also have a lot of knowledge of cross over usage of mythology in books and current day affairs

I have been reading almost everything I could find about Norse and Greek mythology since I was seven. I have written a paper about the story of Eros and Psyche I have done extensive research after the parallels between Greek mythology and the bible

I followed a few classes at university about Greek mythology.