Mythology/Greek Mythology

Question
My name is Hemant and I have been reading about the Greek mythology for quite some time but there are few questions and doubts for which I need your help-

Q1) Indian vs Greek mythology?(as far as I have understood, Indian mythology is all about teaching high moral values but I found many immoral elements in Greek Gods, please deal with other aspects of comparison as well)

Q2) Is greek mythology immoral? Why greek gods are so immoral?

Q3) Is marrying your sister/mother allowed in greek culture?(If not, why many Greek Gods did so?)

Q4) Your favourite myth?(Which I might have missed reading)

Q5) What greek mythology teaches us?

Q6) What books have you read? Who is your favorite author? What are your sources reading?(any e-book reference)

Q7) Movies and TV shows based on greek mythology?

Answer
Q1) Indian vs Greek mythology?(as far as I have understood, Indian mythology is all about teaching high moral values but I found many immoral elements in Greek Gods, please deal with other aspects of comparison as well) Q2) Is greek mythology immoral? Why greek gods are so immoral?
The Greeks had a different culture than the Hindus. They were part of a different world. There instances weren't seen as immoral. Their myths were about explaining the world around them, passing on the stories of their ancestors and a respect for knowledge and antiquity. The Greeks saw their gods as physical specimens that walked among them, something that was lost during the Roman Empire. The Romans didn't have the imagination of the Greeks and were not above adpting gods from rival pantheons such as Mithras from India and Ammon-Ra from Egypt.

No - The ancients didn't have a knowledge of DNA or familial taboos. This was more about keeping power in one's family than marrying outside it; something that was practiced as late as the First Millenium in the Egyptian royal family.

Q4) Your favourite myth? (Which I might have missed reading)
I never developed a favorite -

Q5) What greek mythology teaches us?
This answer would be too long and involved to explain - Briefly, Greek myth gives us a picture of early Greek culture, the origins of paganism and where we are as human beings are going

I don't read e-books, I prefer the real thing. If you want a good book on Greek myth, I recommend Crowell's Handbook of Greek Myth by Edward Tripp

Too numerous to list, this link can help you on that:
http://www.imdb.com/search/keyword?keywords=greek-mythology

Mythology

William C. Uchtman