Mythology/Yggdrasil

Question
Hello, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. If you read the first chapter in the Bible you notice that it describes the Norse Ash Tree Yggdrasil. I was curious if you knew when Yggdrasil was first drawn or recorded?

Answer
My understanding is that Yggdrasil was first described in the Norse Eddas, a series of stories written in the 13th Century AD by Snorri Sturluson, but he didn't invent the story. It was actually passed along verbally by person to person until they were documented. I do understand the compulsion to link it to the Tree of Knowledge from the Bible, but I don't know if believe that. I think the stories were just developed separately and merged later on in history.  

Mythology

William C. Uchtman