Hello, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. If you read the first chapter in the Bible you notice that it describes the Norse Ash Tree Yggdrasil. I was curious if you knew when Yggdrasil was first drawn or recorded?

My understanding is that Yggdrasil was first described in the Norse Eddas, a series of stories written in the 13th Century AD by Snorri Sturluson, but he didn't invent the story. It was actually passed along verbally by person to person until they were documented. I do understand the compulsion to link it to the Tree of Knowledge from the Bible, but I don't know if believe that. I think the stories were just developed separately and merged later on in history.  

William C. Uchtman

I have done research into gods and goddesses and have written brief descriptions of them. I have attempted to scale out family trees as I have already seen with the Olympian gods. I have tried to condense entire pantheons by attributing extra names or aliases to one deity. I have also made efforts to parallel myths with ancient history. I am not an expert nor do I hold any degrees. I am a self-taught person with a lot of otherwise useless information.

No real-world experience

Former Mythology Expert to the Marvel Comics Appendix, former researcher to the Marvel Universe Handbooks

Contributor/Researcher to the Offifical Handbook of the Marvel Universe

No such credentials/Self-Educated

None so far