Nail Care & Manicures/Does the nailbed ever grow back?

Julia wrote at 2009-02-23 23:16:33
Hi I also have this problem and most of my nails are quite ugly, but I have mentioned that on 3 nails the nailbed actually grew to the tip of the finger and look proper and nice, I am quite surprised and it's a pleasant surprise I hope my other nailbeds will grow as well

MG2 wrote at 2011-07-20 20:52:11
Yes! Here's the trick.

Stop biting.

Use nail hardner.

Keep them filed daily to avoid breaks.

Do NOT separate nail from nail bed to clean - just use a soft brush - do not push hard!

Wait and wait - you will see the nail beginning to adhere after a few weeks - be patient.

I am going through this right now and after having short nail beds and nails that never grew beyond fingertips - I am finally seeing them grow beyond my finger tips. Yipee!

This works!

Eragon Shadeslayer wrote at 2012-10-10 04:57:53
I used to be a nail biter

One day, I bit too much and the nailbed was so short

That convinced me to stop

It grew back (after three years!) and their finally growing longer

(Besides the ones on my ring fingers, they seem to be getting shorter without biting!)

Anonymous wrote at 2015-12-01 19:14:03
You have bad advice. Acyrillic is awful for nails!!!! Caused my nails to become to weak I lost a nail from chemicals you shouldn't give advice cause you're not a doctor. Want strong nails, ask a dr not a nail tech who just wants money!

Nail Care & Manicures

Maggie Franklin

Professional Nailcare: nail enhancement chemistry and technique, mancuring and pedicuring. I am not qualified to give medical advice or make medical diagnoses.

I am a professional nail technician with 17 years experience in the professional beauty industry. I am licensed in the states of California (license #M120766) and Colorado (license #8611.) I have been an active member of the online mailing list at since 1999 where I network with 100s of nail industry professionals around the world. Over the last 15 years I have accumulated several advanced training certificates, including the coveted Creative Nail Designs Master Nail Technician status, and personal training by Tammy Taylor, Tom Bachik, and Tom Holcomb. I briefly joined the competition circuit in 2002, taking first place in the second annual Strut Your Stuff Online competition in the Enhancement 2 category. In 2009 I have decided to make time in my schedule to get back into competition by joining "Team Pink," the competition team captained by current world champion nail technician, Lynn Lammers. I boast several contributions to articles that have appeared in both Nails and Nailpro magazines, including a brief stint as a Nails Magazine Help Desk contributor and now I write a semi-weekly blog for Nails Magazine while continuing to attend tradeshows and continuing education events.

Nail Tech mailist list at

Nails Magazine. Nailpro Magazine. Blogging for Nails Magazine since September, 2008:

CA license #M120766. CO license #8611. CND Master Nail Technician. Tom Holcomb Academy. Personal training with Tom Bachik. Two day advanced training with Tammy Taylor. AEFM certified for use of electric file. HRTE (High Road to Education) in San Jose, CA 2009.

2nd Annual Strut Your Stuff Online competition, 1st place in Enhancement 2. Member of "Team Pink" competition team 2009. 3rd place, Novice tip-and-overlay relay at IBS Las Vegas, 2009.