Nail Care & Manicures/ibd intense seal

Question
QUESTION: hi, i have just recently bought all ibd products to do clients nails. i have tested it on myself first, and only after a day of doing french tips, the intense seal is cracking. i first put on the nail bonder, then a coat of builder gel, then the clear gel and finally the intense seal. i cant work out why it would be cracking, it was all cured for the correct time.
please help before i use this on clients and they come back screaming at me.
Kind regards
deb moore

ANSWER: Hi Deb,

I am almost convinced it is a prep problem. I have copied our trouble shooter for IBD gel and please let me know if this has helped you.

TROUBLE SHOOTING GEL NAILS

Gel peel/lift
Check UV Bulbs, remember UV Bulbs do not burn out but they lose their strength. You should change them every 9 months if using daily or once a year if not using lamp often.
Spray the hands with IBD Prep.
Gel on surrounding skin or cuticle causes lifting.
The nail plate is not clean, remove the ptyergium.
Spray the nail plate with IBD Prep after removing the ptyergium.
Use Bonder sparingly and cure for 1 minute.
Pregnancy or medication can cause lifting on a client who previously has had no such problem.
Never give a client a manicure/pedicure before Gel application.

Gel not hardening
UV Bulbs may be old (weak) or dirty, clean with IBD Cleanser Plus. Replace bulbs after 3.000 hours of use. If use another manufacturers lamp, you must double the cure time. Due to the opacity of the Xtreme French, it takes longer to cure under the light, therefore cure for an additional 1-2 minutes. If working with forms that are not clear, after you remove the forms, cure the underside of the free edge for 1-2 minutes.

Cracking
Gel not applied thick enough.

Cured nails feel sticky – Cleanse the entire nail with IBD Cleanser Plus.

Cured nails look dull – This problem is usually due to improper cleansing.  Apply IBD Cleanser Plus with a nail wipe.  Dab gently until the tacky surface seems to dissolve, then apply pressure and wipe down entire nail area.  The use of other cleansing products, brush cleanser or wipes may dull the nails.  Use a new wipe for each hand.  A wipe with too much gel on it will cause dulling.  Seal it applied too thin may dull.  See “dull nails” later in this section for more details.

Bubbles in finished nails – Overworked gel.  Do not pat or attempt to apply gel like an acrylic.  Apply Clear It like a rich topcoat application.  Do Not STIR Gel before using – FOLD the Gel.

Gels will not level – Gel is too cold.  Allow gel to stand at room temperature, or place jar in warm water until gel has proper consistency.

Gel too runny – Gel is too warm.  Allow gel to stand and cool to room temperature or place in cold water.

Gel discolored or yellow – Sun bed tanning products or tan boosters could cause staining.  Keep nails away from tanning lotions, or wipe off nails immediately after use.

Skin irritation – Cleanser Plus applied to the cuticle area. When wiping nails with Cleanser Plus, avoid contact with the skin.  Do not apply gel on skin.  Apply gel to nail plate only.

Intense Seal pitting – Product applied too thinly, apply an additional coat.  Be sure to remove dust particles from the nail surface with a sterilized implement.  Be sure that the nails are properly prepped prior to apply Intense Seal (they should have an etched surface).  Do not apply cuticle oil or buff the nail surface with anything more than 180-grit Emerald File.  Do not cleanse the nail with Cleanser Plus or wash the hands prior to applying Intense Seal.

To clean brushes – Wipe excess product off gel brush with a Nail Wipe moistened with Cleanser Plus at the end of each day.  In between services or whenever necessary, wipe gel brush clean with a dry Nail Wipe.  Do not use brush cleansers.  They may cause nails to dull or interfere with the gel curing.

Breaking Nails
Is there enough gel in the stress area?
Is the nail breaking in the area where the tip is glued to the nail?
Is the glue separating from the tip, and placing stress on the nail?  Is the product separating from the nail?
Use IBD Bonder sparingly on the natural nail and tip.
Is there an air pocket in the area of the break? File open the air pocket; blend the edges so no lines are visible.  Re-apply product.

David de Rijke
www.dasydesign.com

QUESTION: hi,
i have another query that is really bugging me. i can not get the ibd white gel to stick to natural false tips, it just peels/chips off. should i buff the tip before application? i am getting really frustrated with ibd products and the money i have spent on them. my preparation couldnt be any more to the book. tips fall off within a couple of days, the final coat of gel peels/chips, i am about to give up. please, any help will be much appreciated.
regards
deb

Answer
Hi Deb,

For personal reasons I have not been able to answer you properly, please accept my apologies as per this message:

Let's go over this step by step:

i have another query that is really bugging me. i can not get the ibd white gel to stick to natural false tips, it just peels/chips off. ALWAYS FILE THE TIP BEFORE YOU APPLY THE GEL, NOT BUFF BUT FILE. should i buff the tip before application? i am getting really frustrated with ibd products and the money i have spent on them. my preparation couldnt be any more to the book. IBD PRODUCTS ARE NOT KNOWN TO HAVE THESE RESULTS TRY NOT TO TOUCH THE TIPS ANYMORE WITH YOUR FINGERS, DRY CLEAN NAILS AND CLEAN TIPS, USE DEHYDRATE tips fall off within a couple of days, the final coat of gel peels/chips, i am about to give up. please, any help will be much appreciated.

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK I SUGGEST YOU VISIT A WORKSHOP OR COURSE WITH A CERTIFIED IBD EDUCATOR CHECK THIS SITE http://www.ibdbeauty.com/education.php EVEN BETTER COME OVER TO THAILAND AND PASS BY HERE AT OUR CENTER. WWW.DASYDESIGN.COM

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU.
regards

Best Regards,

Sylvia de Rijke

Nail Care & Manicures

Sylvia de Rijke