Nail Care & Manicures/Acrylics

Question
I see people using a plastic finger a lot for acrylics. My question is can you use the plastic finger and remove the acrylic nail then apply it onto your own nail? And if so how?

Answer
Hi Brittany

Some nail professionals practice acrylic application by using a plastic finger, your question is can the acrylic be removed from the finger and then applied to you finger, the answer is definitely "no". When acrylic is applied the nail bed it is prepped and then liquid and powder are applied and then cures, in some case a primer is applied before the acrylic to allow adhesion of the product. Acrylic will not stay on a nail if not properly prepared.
It sounds like you are really are interested in learning about acrylic and nails, I would recommend that you go to nail technician school and you will learn the proper application techniques so as not to cause damage to your nail with improper application technique.
Thanks for your question
Karen

Nail Care & Manicures

Karen New