Nail Care & Manicures/gel, acrylic, or silk

I am 62 years and on fixed income. Which is most healthy chip-resistant and could redone only once a month?

Dear Melinda,

None of the above will last for a month since your nails will grow fast and thus create imbalance on your nail plate. I suggest you try an overlay (so not an extension of your nails) of UV Gel polish which is a new way of covering your nails (2 3 weeks) but cheaper to soak off and redo. If you cover your nails with this UV gel polish and your nails starts to grow leaving a gap between the cuticle and the application there is even nail polish in the same colour to touch up until you wish to completely redo it.
There is nail polish in the same colours with EzFlow and IBD UV Gel polish available.

In case you still wish to have extensions I would choose Acrylic as this is easier to take off or refill ( 2/3 weeks)

Hope this helps. Another way of saving money on this is taking a course in nails and do it your self. It is kind of hard in the beginning to do the hand you write with but after experience you will be able to do it and save a lot on labour.

Yours Sincerely,

David de Rijke

Dasy Design International Co. Ltd.

Sukhumvit Villa
28/20 Sukhumvit 36
Klongton Klongtoey
Bangkok 10110

Tel:         +66-2-2582268
Fax:        +66-2-6615323
Mobile:    +66-8-18825147

Please check our website
for more detailed company information, events and promotions.

"Like" our face book page:  

Nail Care & Manicures

Sylvia de Rijke

My name is Sylvia de Rijke and I have a Nail Art Academy and Training Centre in Bangkok. We are the exclusive distributor of EzFlow, IBD, Super Nail, ESN, Seche, China Glaze, Lash be Long and Clean+Easy in Thailand and other countries in SE Asia.

Acrylic nails, gel nails, waxing, manicure, pedicure

Dasy Design International Co.Ltd.

Global Master Educator for EzFlow Nailsystems and Elite Master Educator for IBD Gel