Nail Care & Manicures/allergic reaction

Mistylee100 wrote at 2013-03-11 05:53:12
Something else to be aware of is that Dentists use an acrylic to make the temporary crowns they use, while waiting for the permanent crown to be made.

I became aware of this when I had an allergic reaction to a temporary crown, it smelled quite familiar (like the acrylic nails) when he was making it up and I should have asked more questions at the time. However, I didn't and suffered with blisters around the base of the crown for about a month. They finally healed up.

Now, my dentists use the old fashioned method of making them out of steel, it looks like foil, but very thick. This solution works well for me, I hope you find it helpful in future if you need a crown.

Nail Care & Manicures

Caitlin Morrison

I can confidently discuss all aspects of nail care, nail disorders, nail diseases, infection control, nail enhancements, nail art, airbrushing, manicuring, pedicuring, product awareness, technical aspects, local licensing policies, local insurance issues and the vast range of polishes now on offer. I can't comment on licensing or insurance issues outside of Australia. As I am not a doctor, I cannot diagnose medical conditions over the internet for you. Please also note, that I am in no way qualified and have any knowledge of the hair industry. In Australia, this is a completely seperate area of expertise :)

I have been playing around with nail enhancements since I was 14, getting them done professionally since I was 18 and I have been a licensed Nail Technician since 2001. Further to this, I have also been a licensed Beauty Therapist since 2011. I have had my own nail salon since 2001 and this has expanded as my skills have to a full beauty salon since 2010.

Australian Society of Dermal Clinicans. The Australian Professional Fingernail Association.

Nail Techincian since 2001. Beauty Therapist since 2011. Currently studying a Bachelor of Health Science majoring in Dermal Therapies - Due to complete this in November 2013.