Nail Care & Manicures/Air Brushing

I have solar gel nails and they have turned very yellow while away on vacation. I asked the tech and he got angry saying it's the white air brushing and they all turn yellow in sun. Is this true? Years ago I had the same and nothing happened when I vacationed. Thanks.

Hi thanks for your question

Firstly, no one should get angry for asking a basic question regarding the outcome of a service, sorry that happened to you. Secondly, I'm a bit confused, do they do the enhancement as one whole colour, then airbrush the French detail in? If so, then yes, the paint can break down and discolour, BUT it is more likely the product they are using over the top (gel top coat/regular top coat) is doing this. Some products do this, especially old or cheaper (or unbranded) brands often get this happen. Given your discription, if it were me, I'd just use another place to get my work done, the warning signs are there loud and clear for you that this is not a reputable place to get work done. Good luck.

Hope this helps

Nail Care & Manicures

Caitlin Morrison

I can confidently discuss all aspects of nail care, nail disorders, nail diseases, infection control, nail enhancements, nail art, airbrushing, manicuring, pedicuring, product awareness, technical aspects, local licensing policies, local insurance issues and the vast range of polishes now on offer. I can't comment on licensing or insurance issues outside of Australia. As I am not a doctor, I cannot diagnose medical conditions over the internet for you. Please also note, that I am in no way qualified and have any knowledge of the hair industry. In Australia, this is a completely seperate area of expertise :)

I have been playing around with nail enhancements since I was 14, getting them done professionally since I was 18 and I have been a licensed Nail Technician since 2001. Further to this, I have also been a licensed Beauty Therapist since 2011. I have had my own nail salon since 2001 and this has expanded as my skills have to a full beauty salon since 2010.

Australian Society of Dermal Clinicans. The Australian Professional Fingernail Association.

Nail Techincian since 2001. Beauty Therapist since 2011. Currently studying a Bachelor of Health Science majoring in Dermal Therapies - Due to complete this in November 2013.