Nail Care & Manicures/Best Gel Products/Systems

Question
Hi. I love the way my hands look with gel nails but haven't had them done in quite some time due to frustration at their lifting. Before going to just any salon, I'd like to research first and find one that uses the best products. So, what do you recommend for gel? I am in the Upstate of SC, if that helps.

Thank you!!!!!

Answer
Try checking out reviews on Yelp.com for salons in your area. When you find one that seems good, call the salon and start asking any questions that aren't addressed in the reviews. Often, I find that websites and review sites like Yelp don't address things like product brands or continuing education certificates that the staff might have.

There are a lot of really good gel products out there and you don't have the same concerns with MMA in gel that you have to worry about with acrylic. You might be interested in things like whether the gel product is removable by soaking or if it has to be filed off. Some brands that are popular in the industry are: Brisa by CND, Axxium by OPI, LCN (Light Concept Nails,# Light Elegance, Masterworks #by Amy Becker,) and BioSculpture Nails. There are lots of others that are also good, but too many to name them all. Just ask why the nail tech prefers that particular brand. You can usually tell when you've found someone who knows their product just from talking to them for awhile.

Aside from Yelp, you might also check the salon referrals at Beautytech.info.

Nail Care & Manicures

Maggie Franklin