Nail Care & Manicures/Diabetic Services

My mother is diabetic but I have been afraid to take her to a regular nail salon for pedicures.  Are there some things that I can look out for if and when I take her?

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for your question.  Well, the easy part of your concern is to have services performed without metal implements.  We can't take any chances of your mother getting cut, whatsoever.  Cuticles can be pushed with an orangewood stick wrapped in cotton and nails can be filed with a emery board.  

I personally prefer to offer my diabetic clients a waterless pedicure because it's always best to be safe than sorry.  Feel free to let me know your area and I can send you some salons that offer waterless services.

Hope this helps.

Nail Care & Manicures

Kathy Watson

HEALTHY NAILS AND LASTING COLOR. My name is Kathy Watson and as a natural nail care expert, I can answer any question as it pertains to nail care treatments. I can discuss all aspects of natural nail care including but not limited to nail disorders, nail diseases, infection control, manicuring, pedicuring and product awareness. I have worked with a podiatrist and have an extensive knowledge of nail disorders addressed by a podiatrist however I am not a medical physician nor podiatrist and am not qualified to give medical advice or make medical diagnoses.

I am the owner of :cure nail clinic and have provided nail care to a number of industries including medical and hospitality.

Completed Training, Bellus Academy, El Cajon California Certified in Gel Polish Applications Certification in Elderly & Diabetic Nail Care Created Katherine Watson Soak-Free Nail Care System