Nail Care & Manicures/uv gel and light during preg

Question
Hi, I would like to know if the uv light that is used to dry the gel is safe during pregnancy.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Indira,
UV or LED light used to cure gels and gels polishes are very safe they only emit UVA light, sun light is UVA and UVB if you are worried about it effecting your skin you can always wear a sunscreen or cover your arms with clothing, never look directly in into the light. Here is a link from one of the top chemists in our industry discussing the UV light safety. You can always ask the salon that you are going to are they using the light properly and are they trained in the product usage. If you are doing your own nails with purchased products over the Internet I can't speak to that as these products should be used by a professionally trained person. Good luck with your pregnancy.
http://www.schoonscientific.com/downloads/tech-articles/article-UV-Nail-Lamps-Sa

Karen

Nail Care & Manicures

Karen New