Nail Care & Manicures/nail art hobbyist

hello. I live in USA. I am a nail art hobbyist. I am terrible at doing my own acrylic although I have been watching tutorials and practicing.

so what I've been doing is going to a nail shop and getting them to put the acrylic nails on and then I go home and practice my own nail art.

I bought some different nail brushes and a set of dotting tools.

However I'm having a hard time getting designs to be bold and solid.

What I mean is, when I go to a nail salon and for example they do black stripes, their stripes are completely solid and don't require painting over multiple times.

When I try to do them, my stripes look "feathered" at the ends and I have to redo them over and over.

I am using just nail polish.

Do salons use a very special nail polish or nail paint to do these types of arts?

I do notice they usually have little bottles of nail polish that have reallyyy long, thin  brushes on them.

Where can I find nail polish like that?

Hi KJ,

It's not the polish (although thinned polish might be a reason) but what you need is a striper brush. for example this one

Buy your polish from a good brand such as China Glaze or Seche and make sure the base coat is completely dry when you apply.

Good luck with all your striping and if you have any more questions?......right contact me any time.

Yours Sincerely,

David de Rijke

Dasy Design International Co. Ltd.

Sukhumvit Villa
28/20 Sukhumvit 36
Klongton Klongtoey
Bangkok 10110

Tel:         +66-2-2582268
Fax:        +66-2-6615323
Mobile:    +66-8-18825147

Check our website
for more detailed company information, events and promotions.
Please “like” our FB page on
Please register your email address for our newsletters and promotions on  

Nail Care & Manicures

Sylvia de Rijke

My name is Sylvia de Rijke and I have a Nail Art Academy and Training Centre in Bangkok. We are the exclusive distributor of EzFlow, IBD, Super Nail, ESN, Seche, China Glaze, Lash be Long and Clean+Easy in Thailand and other countries in SE Asia.

Acrylic nails, gel nails, waxing, manicure, pedicure

Dasy Design International Co.Ltd.

Global Master Educator for EzFlow Nailsystems and Elite Master Educator for IBD Gel