Nail Care & Manicures/Can I get pregnant?

Hello, my names Amberlynn. I have been with my fiancÚ for 16 months now and we have been trying to have a baby, but I am afraid that I am not able to conceive. My fiancÚ and I never use condoms and he alway ejaculates inside me. My periods have been irregular for a while now. I always feel like I am have symptoms. There has been another guy before him that has ejaculated in me and my period very late and I was not pregnant. Also, sometimes my period is very heavy, randomly goes away for a day then comes back. And I have spotted before and still..nothing. Could there be something wrong with me? I am terrified that I will not be able to have children, please help.
Thank you.

Hi Amberlynn--

I think you may have meant to send this question to an expert in a different field of work. You probably had the same window open or something, after you asked me about your nails.

So-- let me assure you that this question is COMPLETELY OUT of my field of expertise. BUT, just for anecodotal sake, I will put in my personal 2 cents: EVERY SINGLE WOMAN I have known who has been told they can't get pregnant-- or had come to that conclusion on their own-- has gotten pregnant.

First: address this question to the appropriate expert on the forums.
Second: I'm sure he/she will back me up by suggesting that you see a doctor to run some tests to get a better idea of your situation.
Third: If you do not want to get pregnant, use birth control. No matter what you think, no matter what anyone tells you.

But remember-- I do nails. :-) Nails is the only thing I'm qualified (on this forum) to give "expert" advice on. So anything I say on this subject is purely from my personal observation/experience and has no medical validity whatsoever.  

Nail Care & Manicures

Maggie Franklin

Professional Nailcare: nail enhancement chemistry and technique, mancuring and pedicuring. I am not qualified to give medical advice or make medical diagnoses.

I am a professional nail technician with 17 years experience in the professional beauty industry. I am licensed in the states of California (license #M120766) and Colorado (license #8611.) I have been an active member of the online mailing list at since 1999 where I network with 100s of nail industry professionals around the world. Over the last 15 years I have accumulated several advanced training certificates, including the coveted Creative Nail Designs Master Nail Technician status, and personal training by Tammy Taylor, Tom Bachik, and Tom Holcomb. I briefly joined the competition circuit in 2002, taking first place in the second annual Strut Your Stuff Online competition in the Enhancement 2 category. In 2009 I have decided to make time in my schedule to get back into competition by joining "Team Pink," the competition team captained by current world champion nail technician, Lynn Lammers. I boast several contributions to articles that have appeared in both Nails and Nailpro magazines, including a brief stint as a Nails Magazine Help Desk contributor and now I write a semi-weekly blog for Nails Magazine while continuing to attend tradeshows and continuing education events.

Nail Tech mailist list at

Nails Magazine. Nailpro Magazine. Blogging for Nails Magazine since September, 2008:

CA license #M120766. CO license #8611. CND Master Nail Technician. Tom Holcomb Academy. Personal training with Tom Bachik. Two day advanced training with Tammy Taylor. AEFM certified for use of electric file. HRTE (High Road to Education) in San Jose, CA 2009.

2nd Annual Strut Your Stuff Online competition, 1st place in Enhancement 2. Member of "Team Pink" competition team 2009. 3rd place, Novice tip-and-overlay relay at IBS Las Vegas, 2009.