Nail Care & Manicures/paper wrap manicure

Hello, do you know of a salon in the Sacramento region that offers this method?  I loved it and I used to enjoy the Juliette paper wrap in the Lafayette Calif area. Now I'm allergic to all the acrylic products and miss my beautiful nails. If you don't know, can you me refer me to anyone? I know the method is still taught at my local cosmetology program, but  I can't find a salon that offers it. Thank you

I'm afraid I can't help. I've been searching for someone who is experienced in the Juliette method, myself, for years. I would love to learn the technique.

However, there are other options available for you. Several gel products on the market are touted as hypoallergenic, particularly BRISA by CND. CND has a salon referral page on their website at From there, you can search for salons that provide a variety of services featuring CND products. You may want to call and inquire about BRISA gel or SHELLAC manicures.  

Nail Care & Manicures

Maggie Franklin

Professional Nailcare: nail enhancement chemistry and technique, mancuring and pedicuring. I am not qualified to give medical advice or make medical diagnoses.

I am a professional nail technician with 17 years experience in the professional beauty industry. I am licensed in the states of California (license #M120766) and Colorado (license #8611.) I have been an active member of the online mailing list at since 1999 where I network with 100s of nail industry professionals around the world. Over the last 15 years I have accumulated several advanced training certificates, including the coveted Creative Nail Designs Master Nail Technician status, and personal training by Tammy Taylor, Tom Bachik, and Tom Holcomb. I briefly joined the competition circuit in 2002, taking first place in the second annual Strut Your Stuff Online competition in the Enhancement 2 category. In 2009 I have decided to make time in my schedule to get back into competition by joining "Team Pink," the competition team captained by current world champion nail technician, Lynn Lammers. I boast several contributions to articles that have appeared in both Nails and Nailpro magazines, including a brief stint as a Nails Magazine Help Desk contributor and now I write a semi-weekly blog for Nails Magazine while continuing to attend tradeshows and continuing education events.

Nail Tech mailist list at

Nails Magazine. Nailpro Magazine. Blogging for Nails Magazine since September, 2008:

CA license #M120766. CO license #8611. CND Master Nail Technician. Tom Holcomb Academy. Personal training with Tom Bachik. Two day advanced training with Tammy Taylor. AEFM certified for use of electric file. HRTE (High Road to Education) in San Jose, CA 2009.

2nd Annual Strut Your Stuff Online competition, 1st place in Enhancement 2. Member of "Team Pink" competition team 2009. 3rd place, Novice tip-and-overlay relay at IBS Las Vegas, 2009.