Nail Care & Manicures/Allergy to Gel manicures

Question
I read your response to another question related to allergic reactions to Gel manicures and my reaction is exactly the same. I too tried various salons with no change.
My question is can you recommend Hypoallergenic Gel Brands? I will buy my own and just bring them to the salon but  very unsure of what brands are available?
Thank you!

Answer
Hello Mary, thank you for visiting AllExperts. There are more and more companies coming out with Gel products. I am not aware immediately of any Hypoallergenic products for Gel, as it is a highly contained or the products to remove the Gel are chemical filled.  What I would have ask first is what is your goal for your nails, what is the condition of your nails and why do you think Gel is the best process for you.  I can suggest some very good products that I have had success with that are Gel products, but are not Hypoallergenic but, thier products are excellent and do not require acetone to remove.  These two product lines are called Mavala and Perfect formula. Both products are pricey but, have had excellent results from them.  Hope this helps! Kindly, Pamela  

Nail Care & Manicures

Pamela Golightly