Nail Care & Manicures/Problem Cuticles/Hang Nails

Question
Hi! :) I would like some advice on how to prevent/care for cuticles and hang nails? I do have a tendency to pick if I get a hang nail or feel my cuticles are dry or sore. I am an avid picker and I wish to stop :( I would love some ideas on what to do instead of picking? I know there are clippers but I tend to end up pulling the skin.

Answer
Hi Kelly, Thank you for visiting AllExperts! I used to be a picker and biter until my dad said I would never be a lady until I stopped! And I did!LoL! If you are not allergic, I would suggest Neosporin for any inflamed cuticles and then use Gold Bond hand cream at night and after showers to keep them soft. I don't know if you get manicures but, I would also suggest that you do. If you can begin to take pride in your hands looking pretty, that may be a solution. You can also find a product by Mavala that helps keep your nails out if your mouth. Hope this helps you! Kindly, Pamela  

Nail Care & Manicures

Pamela Golightly