Nail Care & Manicures/polish gets cloudy

I like using dark red polish on my toenails.  After a few days, polish gets milky cloudy after showering and then clears up after a while.  I use China Glaze polish and Seche top coat but I have tried other top coats and it still happens.  Any idea why and what I can do to stop this?

Luci, My best guess without seeing your toes, is that it is just a thin layer of soap.  Rub your toe nails off after your shower with your towel.  The products you are using are good products so there should not be a problem of this sort.  The only other suggestion, if you have already  tried wiping them, would possibly be your own body chemistry.  Hope that helps!!  Thank you for visiting all experts! Kindly, Pamela Golightly

Nail Care & Manicures

Pamela Golightly

I have been a licensed manicurist, in California, and successful business owner since 1986. I can answer any question as it pertains to nail care treatments. I consider myself to be an expert in Natural Nail Care, but have had experience in all areas. I am also proficient in business building, marketing and sales development. I grew up in a Salon atmosphere, as my mother owned a salon and by the age of 15, I was responsible for all aspects of her business including, A/R, A/P, payroll & accounting. I feel I can answer most any question and if I am unable to answer any question I will direct the question to the appropriate expert.

I have experience in all areas of nail and foot care and business building.

Who's Who of Cambridge, Support & Sponsor Walk for Breast Cancer,STAND, Nami, St Jude Children's Hospital. Local Schools, Public & Private, local sports programs, Little League, Pleasant Hill Rebels and Walnut Creek Mauraders & Walnut Creek Rotary.

Licensed Manicurist since 1986.

Who's Who of Cambridge, voted local as Best Natural Nail Care Specialist, Diablo Magazine, San Francisco Magazine, Manta and several other Internet Review sites. Earned 6 National Awards for Outstanding Sales and Unit Developement with a National Cosmetic Company. I was rated in the top 2% of the Company's 400,000 sales staff.