Nail Care & Manicures/Brownish tips on gel nails

Question
Michelle Nail pic
Michelle Nail pic  
For several months now, my gel nail tips start turning grey or dark brown.  It's definitely in the top coat only.  And it happens gradually, a little bit more every day until by the end of two weeks it covers almost the entire nail.  I don't know if it's lotion or some chemical like hair spray and I can't figure it out.  I read it might be dye in my clothes, but I find that hard to believe.  It's a good salon and my nail tech says she has never seen it before.  Do you have any idea what is causing this?  It's making me crazy!
Thanks,
Michelle

Answer
Hi Michelle
I totally agree with the thought that it is dye from clothing! Black slacks and dark jeans tend to be the culprit. But if you did acrylics instead and they used a UV gel topcoat (OPI Axxium is my fave), then it may solve the issue. Or, ask them to experiment with some different top coats.

I hope I've answered your question, but if I didn't, write me back : )

Brooke

Nail Care & Manicures

Brooke Gilliam