My specialty is the societal and environmental implications of advanced nanotechnology. I can help people to better understand the implications of molecular manufacturing -- building products "from the bottom up," and to focus on the real risks and benefits of the technology.
I am a professional writer, speaker, and activist with a background in technology and communications company management. In 2002, I co-founded the Center for Responsible Nanotechnology (CRN), a non-profit think tank. CRN promotes public awareness and education, and the crafting of effective policy to maximize benefits and reduce dangers. I am the executive director of CRN.
- Research Fellow, Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
- Advisory Board, Global Risks Council
- Consultant, Future Technologies Advisory Group
- Editorial Advisory Board, Nanotech Briefs
- Consultant, AC/UNU Millennium Project
The Futurist (magazine)
The Scientific Conquest of Death (book chapter)
Future Brief (online journal)