National Security Agency/Nuclear

Question
Why does the U.S. have such a double standard regarding nukes.

They allow Pakistan and North Korea to have nukes but are trying to regulate Iran.

Where's the logic on this ? ?

If you were Iranian, that would be so incredibly abusive.

Please help me to understand.

Answer
I apologize for the tardiness of this response. I was without power as a result of Hurricane Sandy for two weeks. I am just beginning to get back to civilization.

I can understand your frustration. But what seems like a double standard is, in fact, the reality of various nation states interacting with the rest of the world from within their own national interests. Pakistan and Iran do not recognize the existence of the State of Israel. The United States does. The United States is by no means thrilled that Pakistan and North Korea have nuclear bombs, but what could the United States reasonably do about it?

So if the United States now wants to prevent yet another nation state from developing nuclear weapons, it is not really inconsistency. In a perfect world, no further nations acquire them and those that do have them move toward disarmament and further stability.

National Security Agency

Keith Massey