Native American Culture/forced Western religion on American Natives

What percent or number of Natives in the North East have
adopted a One-God religion to the exclusion of pre-conquest
beliefs?     If you don't have this info, can you please
point to where and whom I can ask?  
         Thanks much,

Not my area of interest.  No known data exists in my files WRT this item. But this topic was of great interest to missionaries for whom a great quantity of conversions was of paramount importance.  You might start with the standard scholarly reference, available in libraries:

Trigger, Bruce G.  (Volume Editor, 1978).  Handbook of North American Indians, vol. 15 (Northeast).   Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution.

Good luck with your research

Frank Waabu

Native American Culture

Dr. Frank Waabu O'Brien

Specialize in the extinct languages of Massachusett and Narragansett. Can answer general questions in most other areas, except genealogy-specific, pertaining to Indians of Southern New England (RI, MA, CT).

Past President, Aquidneck Indian Council. Have been researching & writing on subject since 1994. Two most recent books, A Cultural History of the Native Peoples of Southern New England (2007) & Understanding Indian Place Names in Southern New England (2010); See my current website

Abenaki Tribe, RI Indian Council, National Mus of the American Indian, The American Name Society, John Carter Brown Library (Brown University), Rhode Island Historical Society, Sigma Xi, International Order of Merit, Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE)

"A Cultural History of the Native Peoples of Southern New England" (on Amazon); Recent book is "Understanding Indian Place Names in Southern New England"(on Amazon); see my website for free books at:

BA, RI College; MA, MPhil,PhD, Columbia

Who's Who in Sci & Engineering, International Order of Merit, Dictionary of International Biography, Asian/American Who's Who; 2010 DoD Meritorious Service Award (Society of American Indian Government Employees, SAIGE)