Native American Culture/Silver hallmark identification

Question
Necklace 1.jpg
Necklace 1.jpg  
QUESTION: I recently acquired a jewelry set that has a bracelet, necklace, ring and ear rings that have a green stone (not turquoise) set in sterling silver with a hallmark I cannot identify.  The hallmark I triangular with a two additional marks below that are hard to explain.  I did scan it the reverse side of the pendant necklace  that show the detail and will try to attach.  Can you help me identify?  Thanks.

ANSWER: I'll need to see the face of the pendant as well. What makes you think this piece might be American Indian made? The Hallmark doesn't look familiar to me, but maybe the style of the work in the setting will help.

Set001
Set001  
QUESTION: What made me think that this is American Indian made is that my mother (passed away in 2010) collected several pieces and sets that were made by either Victor or Vernon Begay and others that I was able to identify.  Attached is a face shot of the set using a scanner because my camera doesn't have good resolution.  With the exception of the earrings, the other pieces have the same marking as the pendant.  Thanks again for helping me out.

Answer
Well, the set is malachite (copper ore) and resembles a lot of mid-1970s work from several Navajo silvermiths, but the hallmark is unknown to me. I checked several resources and my own notes and found nothing even close. The mark is a complex, machined one, which would seem to be more common from a manufacturer rather than an individual silversmith. I wish I could give you more information, but I can't find any reference that carries the mark.

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton