Native American Culture/Austin Garcia earrings

Elaine DeCostanzo wrote at 2014-02-06 00:54:34
There is an Austin Garcia who worked in the Albuquerque area for many years for Al Jamarillo (sp?). I found Austin again a few years ago working at a shop in Madrid, NM. Can't remember shop's name, but they specialize in Santo Domingo jewelry. Austin produces many one-of-a-kind pieces there.

Judy wrote at 2014-04-13 14:57:07
I was just in New Mexico.  I bought a necklace with Austin Garcia stamped on the back.  The shop owner said he was Santo Domingo Pueblo and seemed to know him.  You can contact Trading Bird Pottery Gallery in Madrid New Mexico for more info.  

Peggy Lee wrote at 2014-08-16 19:10:38
Hi:  I lived in Albuquerque and a friend named Mike Garcia who I believe was a cousin to Austin Garcia. Mike was from Algodones,NM; I have lost touch with him, I bought several pieces of Austin's work through Mike and I had Austin design a watch band for me.  To my knowledge Austin Garcia is from the Algondones area. The pieces I have are silver and black onyx. The watch is silver and gold.  They are all stamped Austin Garcia.  I am in the process of selling some of my pieces because I'm getting ready to retire and just want to lighten my load, so I found this question while I was looking to see what his work would be worth.  

Altavista wrote at 2014-10-23 05:01:07
I have a few pieces by Austin Garcia that I purchased in Madrid NM.  If the same Austin Garcia, he does incredibly wonderful work.  You can contact gypsy gems in Madrid and they carry his work.

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton