Native American Culture/identifying sterling feather hallmark

Question
pendant back
pendant back  
QUESTION: can you please help me identify the artist of a pendant I bought stamped with only a feather and the word sterling?
I appreciate any help you can give me!
Thank you

ANSWER: It would help to show me the front as well. Stamps can be used by anybody, so trying to narrow it down is usually a good idea. Send the image as a follow-up. Thanks.

pendant.jpg
pendant.jpg  
QUESTION: WOW!!! Thanks for responding so quickly!! Here's the front!
Thank you VERY much!!!

Answer
It looks like Navajo work, but having gone through six volumes of mark references, I can't seem to find the artist's mark. It may be either a feather or a leaf.The inlay is Spondylous Shell (Spiny Oyster) and turquoise. Those are two materials used a very long time in the Southwest, and becasue of that, it may also be Pueblo work, possibly Cochiti Pyueblo in New Mexico. I would date it to the late 1970s or early 1080s. I'll keep this image and keep looking, thoguh. I'll be sure to post a follow-up if I find the hallmark. Sorry I didn't have it in my files.

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton