Native American Culture/Identifying rings and earrings

Question
Earrings
Earrings  

Ring one
Ring one  
I have 2 rings that I got as gifts a long time ago. They are both turquoise silver rings and I think that they are Navajo made. I also have a pair of earrings that I think are also Navajo made. I have been doing research online and haven't been able to pin point them yet. Then I found this site and hope that you can help me. I do not plan to sell them, but want to keep them. I love them. Yet I truly want to know more about them, if you can help. Thanks for any help and pointers you can give me.

I will send more images in a second email

Patience

Answer
Yes, the earrings are Navajo made, from the Gallup New Mexico area and were probably made by a member of the Johnson family of silversmiths. The stone is Variscite and the style of the work dates them to late 1970s through mid 1980s. The large, Platero-style ring is very reminiscent of the work of at least one member of the Boyd family and the older generations of the Skeets family or Reeves family.  The ring is set with Sleeping Beauty turquoise from near Globe, AZ and may date tot he late 1960s, but is probably more recent. Very fine work. Hope this helps

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton