Native American Culture/Question on vintage/antique? item

Question
Front
Front  

Back
Back  
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read over my question.
I came across this item in my vintage shopping and my curiosity has gotten the best of me.
Does it appear to be Native American antique/vintage or a more recent reproduction?

Please forgive me if this is way off.  I'm very much a novice. Any thoughts or information is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Kim

Answer
While a real appraisal would require an appraiser with local knowledge for the specific cultures, I believe this is vintage dance regalia from one of the the Ohio River Valley cultures down into Kentucky to Tennessee. It would be worth it to find a dealer with some cred and take it to them, or to your closest university with an anthropolgy dept. Hope this helps.

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton