Native American Culture/origin of these beads

Question
Beads Unknown
Beads Unknown  

More bead photos
More bead photos  
I have some beads that I am trying to identify.  I got them from a silver jewelry dealer who only knows that he got them in Arizona.
Someone told me they look like (from pictures & description) antler.
I am trying to determine if they are just ordinary "old" beads or something very old and important.  I strung them just to get a good picture. They are heavy beads. I would appreciate any advice, perhaps a referral to someone who is an expert in the topic.
Thank you.  - Clyde

Answer
These appear to be of Northern African tribal tradition, possibly Bedouin, although they might also be West African. They are not made in any North American Indian tribal arts tradition that we're familiar with. There are tribal items from all over the world available to the trade in both AZ and NM regularly. They appear to have some age and are certainly worth re-stringing. A bit of teak oil applied lightly and rubbed completely off would restore the original wood color.

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton