Native American Culture/Arrow Point

Question
arrowpoint 01
arrowpoint 01  

arrowpoint 02
arrowpoint 02  
Hello, My Sister gave me this arrow point, from my Dad's belongings. As a kid, he would show it to us, and we are not sure where it came from. He was raised in Wisconsin, and was in the military in Utah. Any information, would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Answer
Rick, this point appears to be napped in flint and of Upper Midwestern style. It is more likely that your Dad got it in Wisconsin than in Utah, where the points were made to a different style.Arrow points however, were trade staples, back in the day before metal, and might have been carried a great distance. IN any case, it's a nice keepsake from your Dad's younger life.

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton