Native American Culture/War Bonnets

Question
What are some of the characteristics of an authentic Comanche war bonnet? (Specifically quahadi)

Answer
Victor, Comanche culture is pretty much outside my areas of expertise, but since you're in Tejas, contacting the anthropology Dept at Texas State should give you some information. I came across a decent online video of a traditional "war" dance performed by a Comanche dancer who is wearing a feather roach, but not a "bonnet", which in my experience is mostly a tradition of the Northern Plains, but you may turn up more evidence otherwise. Sorry I couldn't give you more info. Here's the link. Be sure to scroll down past the advertising: http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2014/10/dancer-performs-traditional-comanche.html

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton