Native American Culture/indian outfit found in attic/basement

Question
arrow pouch
arrow pouch  

pouches
pouches  
Hi
I'm trying to identify this collection found when cleaning out my mother's home in Connecticut.  I remember bringing it to show and tell when I was little, but don't remember much about it.  Is there a way to tell from the beading which tribe it belongs to and how to tell if it's real.  The small pouch was filled with lazurite stones.

Thanks
Ti

I have more photos showing booties/sash/top/etc

Answer
Ti; "Real" can be hard to tell from images, as there are so many really good, non-Indian replica artists and hobbyists out there. But the beadwork appears to have been done in the Lakota/Northern Plains tradition. It is similar work to the kind of beadwork done in the 1890s when the really tiny glass beads became available, but newer work also uses these techniques and materials. If the pieces are of age, the clothing may be lined with calico print cloth and the deerskin leather would have a smoky smell to it. If it isn't that old, it could still be regalia made for trade. There are several powwows in the Northeast every summer, and your mother might have also traveled at some point to collect these items. I would recommend you go to the Indian Arts and Crafts Association website and find one of their affiliate dealers in your area in their listings. They adhere to rigid standards of ethics, and if they have an opportunity to look at these items, first hand, they can probably tell you definitively if they are Indian made or not. Here is the link: www.iaca.com </b> Hope this helps.

Richard Sutton