Native American Culture/NAVAJO PVO HALLMARK IDENTIFICATION

Question
PVO 1
PVO 1  

PVO 2
PVO 2  
I was researching the web for information about a Navajo pendant I purchased when I came upon your site.  Apparently someone found a similar OR the same pieceI am inquiring about.  The pendant has a hang tag attached saying PVO NAVAJO. One side is Turquoise and the other side is natural red coral.

Can you determine the artist and possibly the type of turquoise.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this!!

Kerry

Answer
The initials PVO aren't ones I've come across before, but the style/design of the silver work and the way the stone is done in a nugget style is very similar to work from the Ganado, AZ area from the mid to late 1960s, when the nugget style stone setting was most popular. The stone seems to be from the Battle Mountain, Nevada area, possibly Valley Blue or Lander. Sorry I couldn't give you more info. It's a really distinctive piece.  

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton