Native American Culture/native american bead necklace Plains indian?

Question
QUESTION: Hello
I  purchased two necklaces  at an estate sale, I literally found them in a dusty box in the basement filled with other old beeded purses from the  victorian era  I was  only allowed to buy them because
I brought the  box to the   attention of the sellers and they two were amazed with the  collection  I had discovered,  I have  search the  net and cant find anything close  So if you could help me  gain
knowledge  of these two necklaces  I would be most gratefull   thank you

the black one is 22 in  long top to bottom of fringe and the red one is 19.5
the width  in 5/8 on each side,  the  red one has 11 beads in most rows and some with 12  and looks
more complicated
the black one has 9 beads per row

ANSWER: Richard;
I'll need sharp images of each to be able to make any comment. They should be an overall shot, and a close-up showing the details of the work and the details of each closure. Make sure they are in focus and best if shot on a white background. You may upload them as follow-up questions.

Indian bead necklace
Indian bead necklace  

Close up necklace
Close up necklace  
QUESTION: Hello Richard.  
Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry my images did not get threw to you I will send them again and thank you
Sincerely. Rick Elden

Answer
These are called yoke necklaces and are beaded on a loom. Most of them that have the fringed medallion at the base, that I've seen, come from Oklahoma and are made usually by Cherokee and sometimes Comanche or other Nations there. They seem to be Southern Plains in style, not Lakota or Cheyenne or Crow and have some age, possibly dating back to the turn of the century.Of course, Non-Indian bead hobbyists also make such necklaces, so a more thorough examination is necessary to prove they are from an American Indian beader. Testing the thread to make sure it isn't nylon or polyester would also help date them as synthetics were in use after the 1950s. If you have access to a known dealer in AMERICAN INDIAN ANTIQUITIES, I would take them there for a more complete appraisal and valuation as our experience with beadwork is incomplete. Hope this helps.

Native American Culture

Richard Sutton