Nausea and Vomiting/Vomiting every morning

I have been vomiting or dry heaving (depending on the day) for the past few months. I went to see a doctor and they just told me my stomach acid production was high. So they prescribed an acid reducing pill to try to help but after the first week I saw no changes. Why can nobody give me an answer as to why this is happening to me? Can you help?

Acid production does not cause daily vomiting or dry heaving.  You can produce a high amount of acid and not expect to vomit from it.  In fact, people who have acid stomachs vomit less than regular people because their stomach is so good at killing anything that could cause vomiting.  There is something else wrong.  Are you able to control it at all?  I am emetophobic so any amount of vomiting is intolerable for me.  Daily vomiting is not acceptable, so you should seek a second opinion from another doctor.

Nausea and Vomiting

I will try to answer all questions about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia. I know many ways of preventing vomiting (or bringing it on). I have not vomited in over 40 years.

For over 19 years, I have answered questions about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia on the internet. I wrote the Emetophobia FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About Emetophobia) and the Vomiting FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About Vomiting). I wrote the first website about emetophobia and started the first mailing list about emetophobia. Both are still in existence. I am moderator of the largest emetophobia site.

I have a bachelors degree in computer science. I have studied nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia for over 30 years and have read many scientific articles about everything from morning sickness to space sickness.

I have helped thousands of people with questions about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia, either directly or through my website.