Nausea and Vomiting/vomit threshold

I read on an emetophobia website the other day about a pwrson who ate just one cake, then drank some soda, & that was enough to make her throw up. Surely a normal healthy digestive system wouldn`t have reacted so violently. Could this person have some serious digestive issues? I can`t believe that someone could get sick that easily, because I can easily put away a whole family size bar of chocolate, or a big packet of digestives without feeling the slightest bit ill, & Iv`e always considered myself to have A very delicate stomach.

Eating and drinking that would not make anyone vomit.  She was already in a state of being ready to vomit when she did that.  It is surprising that you heard that on an emetophobia site.  Perhaps the woman in question did not have emetophobia?  People with emetophobia are usually pretty careful not to eat or drink anything when they're feeling nauseated.

Nausea and Vomiting

I will try to answer all questions about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia. I know many ways of preventing vomiting (or bringing it on). I have not vomited in over 40 years.

For over 19 years, I have answered questions about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia on the internet. I wrote the Emetophobia FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About Emetophobia) and the Vomiting FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About Vomiting). I wrote the first website about emetophobia and started the first mailing list about emetophobia. Both are still in existence. I am moderator of the largest emetophobia site.

I have a bachelors degree in computer science. I have studied nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia for over 30 years and have read many scientific articles about everything from morning sickness to space sickness.

I have helped thousands of people with questions about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia, either directly or through my website.