Near Death Experiences / Afterlife Studies/Fear of death and needing advice on life after death

I have a terrible fear of death. I try to meditate but I cannot as I get real panicky and my mind keeps thinking of death. I would like to know if you believe the soul is out of the body at the moment of death ? I have watched my love one die and I sure did not feel his soul had left his body as he was terrified. Death is something that should not happen and I feel hopeless at the hands of this frightening beast I am 60 and scared to live encase I die, Can you help ease my fears so I can learn to live again I have had a lucid dream and yet I was not really asleep. I had an explosive noise like a boom inside my head then I saw my Deceased Mum inside my third eye she did not talk but looked years younger and seemed to be trying to relay a message to me. I have also experienced one out of the body looking down on .I had written another question to you but I typed the wrong email address so you probably would not get it so I sent this one the email address myself

Hello Rosemay,

It will be under this question that you will also find the answers to your other question: "Fear of death, NDE & OBE". I will have to do more research on your particular issue. As I'm just finishing an investigation, and am approximately 300 miles from my library, it may be a few days before I can answer you properly.

Thank you for your patience.

Greg Pocha

Near Death Experiences / Afterlife Studies

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category.

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg has intensively studied Thanatology [the study of death and dying], Near-Death Experience [NDE], Shared Death Experience [SDE] and After Death Studies including Life After Death/Life After Life and proposed this category to AllExperts to share his knowledge to the public in a compassionate and understanding manner. Greg specializes in Near Death, Shared Death and After-life Studies as well as Pre-death and Death Bed Experiences. Greg will make all attempts to help you with general information regarding your concerns or will make every effort to give you referrals. He will not answer questions that are related to religion or that are religious in nature.

• NOTE: This category is for the answering of questions pertaining to Death, Dying, Thanatology, Near Death Experiences, Shared Death Experiences, Death Bed Visions, Survival of Consciousness, Afterlife Study. For questions about the "paranormal" see below.

• Questions concerning Preternatural Phenomena, Ghosts, Hauntings or Paranormal Activity should be directed to the following AllExperts link: AllExperts: Paranormal Phenomena
  • Questions concerning Medical Conditions or Symptoms should be directed to a Doctor or qualified medical practitioner. AllExperts has such experts at the following link: AllExperts: Health and Fitness
  • Experience

During his studies in Parapsychology Greg decided to expand his education to include the sciences. He immediately developed a keen interest in not only the after life, but in the events that proceed it. Therefore he became knowledgeable in Thanatology, Death, the Dying Process as well as being extremely well versed in Afterlife Studies [Life After Death and the Survival of Consciousness], Near Death and Shared Death Experiences, Pre-Death Visions including Death Bed Visions/Experiences and all related subjects and theories including medical research and professional journal writings.

Greg is currently working toward a Diploma in Advanced Parapsychology. Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, he owns a private reference library, exceeding 900 books, dealing with his areas of interest. This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Volumes include works by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, MD., Robert Hatch, Sam Parnia, MD. Ph.D., Therese Rando, Ph.D., PMH Atwater, LHD., Raymond Moody, MD., Jeffery Long MD., Melvin Morse, MD., Craig Lundahl, Ph.D., Harold Widdison, Ph.D., Eben Alexander, MD., George Ritchie, MD., Maurice Rawlings, MD., et. al. Greg's on-going involvement in research and education is unending.