Near Death Experiences / Afterlife Studies/Losing my fear of death

Question
Are they real ,Is there an after life? I really need these answers for I am 60 and have a terrible fear of death, How do I overcome this fear as I cannot live like this anymore. I wake in dread tummy burning in fear, I am afraid of growing old and suffering the end result facing the final moments of death in terror.Please can you help me, I have been up all night because at the moment I have some sort of balance and ear problems and of course I am sure I am dying and I am so afraid. Please please help me. I do believe in Jesus but I need to know my love ones are waiting on the other side .My son tried to commit suicide and that has heightened my fear so much I feel vulnerable and like I am walking on the edge of a cliffe.I need answers so bad
Regards Rosemary

Answer
Hello Rosemary,

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Near Death Experience / After Life Studies with your concerns. There is good news and bad news. The bad news is that there isn't any guarantee that a continuance of consciousness exists after bodily death. The Good news is that there is absolutely no guarantee that there is not an afterlife. The best news is that there is more quantifiable research done that supports a life after death.

Research became popular in the 1970's with the launching of Dr. Raymond Moody's book 'Life After Life'. Other researchers include names such as Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Melvin Morse et.al.

The skeptics have come up with a dozen reasons that explain away NDE's but for every argument that they come up with they are countered by educated and dedicated research and accounts. The logic points towards an afterlife. I highly suggest that you read up on NDE. To face your fears head on is probably the best way to deal with what is inevitable, the fact that we all pass from this earthly existence.

You are suffering from what is known in psychology as Death Anxiety. Another term is Thanatophobia - the fear of death. The reasons one fears death are numerous and individual, thus subjective. So what you have to do is sit down and let me know in a follow up what it is that you are afraid of. Do you feel that you haven't accomplished all that you wanted and that time is running out? Do you fear leaving friends and family behind to "fend for themselves"? As a Christian do you fear judgment? Do you fear that death will be a total void - the removal and demise of what is "you"? Write down your fears and we can handle them from there.

As science progresses so does our understanding of who, what and why we "are". Theoretical physicists consider that the universe may not exist at all if consciousness did not precede it. That we are all part of a much larger picture. Who knows, with the Large Hadron Collider on line again we will understand even more as we start to look at dark energy and dark matter - the 95% of the entire universe that we know little of except that it is there. I have always thought that if proof of an afterlife were to be found, it would be as a result of quantum physics, not NDE research, as valuable as that is.

I look forward to hearing back from you and we can take it from there. In the mean time you may wish to look at the following web page for more information.
http://www.eidolonproject.org/id20.html

Warm regards,

Greg Pocha,
Near Death Experiences / After Life Studies,
All Experts

Near Death Experiences / Afterlife Studies

Greg Pocha