Back and Neck Injury/neck popped during squats(315)

michaelb3 wrote at 2012-12-27 08:26:13
so did your injury ever get better?i did the same thing the other day when I racked 245 back on the rack I felt a pop like in between my shoulder right on the spine maybe little higher,it hurt for a little bit then I was doing shoulder shrugs it kind of curious to know if its a injury or what

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. John H. Park, D.C., C.S.C.S.

Dr. Park is the founder and clinic director of Progressive Spinal and Sports Rehabilitation in Rockville, MD. As an athlete and former competitor in Tae Kwon Do and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Dr. Park has extensive knowledge in treating sports-related injuries. He has been featured in Men's Fitness Magazine and has lectured on topics related to ergonomics, exercise, health, and fitness. With his knowledge as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA, he has helped professional athletes including players in the NFL and NBA, professionals on the PGA tour, and several of the nation's best Mixed Martial Arts and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) competitors. He has also worked with some of the top NCAA athletes in the Midwest rehabilitate injuries and return them to competition. Whether you are a professional athlete or a weekend warrior, you can be sure Dr. Park and his staff will get you back to doing the things you enjoy the most. For more info visit or

Nine years of clinical experience in private practice and group practice along with post-graduate training in orthopedics, rehabilitation, and sports injuries. Dr. Park has lectured and written on various topics in health, exercise, ergonomics, and fitness and has treated amateur and professional athletes throughout the country.

Elbow Pain: Anatomy of an Armbar Injury (August 2008 FIGHT! magazine)
Back Pain in MMA (April 2008 FIGHT! magazine)

Doctor of Chiropractic, National University of Health Sciences Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist(CSCS) through NSCA Bachelor of Science Human Biology, National University of Health Sci. Bacehlor of Science Biology, University of MD Certified Active Release Techniques (ART) provider Postgraduate trainging in the Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists