Back and Neck Injury/back pain

Was rear ended 6 months ago. Was diagnosed with muscle tear/sprain. I had a huge knot in the right middle side of my back. Was told it was muscle spasms. Given muscle relaxers and pain meds by my MD. Also from the advise of family sought out a chiropractor. Had about 6 weeks of "therapy" and it improved alot. At first the pain was chronic and I couldn't do anything. Laundry, dishes, changing my sons diaper. It seemed to improve but any overwork such as walking a good while or long car rides I continued to get that muscle spasm which was a knot in my back. I was given an MRI and it reported normal. I now am daily having chronic back pain. Debilitating where I just want to lay down. It's the same spot. The pain radiates into my neck. Everytime I drive especially the bumps on the road hurt me so bad I can't drive. I barely can walk after the pain starts. Please help because I don't know what this is.

Lawrence Gold Somatics
Lawrence Gold Somatics  

Hanna Somatic Education
Hanna Somatic Educatio  
Hi, Alexis,

First thing is to get some relief.  Visit the following page and do the exercise as instructed.
Do two or three practice sessions in the next two days.

Next thing is to develop some understanding of what's happened to you.

Please read what's on the following page:

Finally, I recommend you either see a practitioner in my field
or begin a self-relief program.

Self-relief programs appear at the bottom of the article linked, above.  

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold

Questions concerning: back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- back muscle spasms -|- "My back went out." -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises for back pain -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Success rate: approx. 95%+

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences.

More complete listing of publications at

Certifications (partial list): Hanna Somatic Education Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration