Back and Neck Injury/neck/back/tailbone pain

last May I had to have a lumbar laminectomy, I walked out of the Hospital better than I walked in.. it was wonderful, for about 3 months, then slowly I have this new kind of pain arriving, my neck and shoulders are very stiff and painfull, from my neck to my tailbone feel so tight that it could just snap at any minute, I feel like the pain is increasing rapidly, my MD just keeps increasing my pain meds.I dont need more pain meds. I need to know the reason that this is happening. again, it does not feel anythiing like the pain i had with my bulging disks, it feels more like bone pain instead of nerve pain, please send some answers

Hello Roseann,

Sorry to hear about your back pain.  I'm not exactly sure what is going on with your back, but I do think you may be able to relieve the pain you are experiencing by releasing the muscles that could be causing your pain.

Basically, when they did your laminectomy they had to either cut through, or move to the side, some of the muscles that run along the sides of your spinal column. These erector spinae muscles run like a rope along your each side of your spine, so perhaps some trauma to one part has slowly caused the rest to tighten up.

I can't think of any other reason for your back to react the way it has, unless you are now holding your upper body differently with standing and sitting.  If that is the case then you may want to try and be more conscious of how you are actually using your body and notice if you are doing anything for long periods of time like driving or computing where your back may be stressed.  

The GOOD NEWS is that you can probably release them yourselves if someone just shows you how.  At my completely free website, Do It Yourself Joint Pain Relief,
I show you how to do just that.

Half way down the navigation bar on the left side of the homepage you'll see the Back Pain Header.   Personally, I would do the Upper, Middle, and Lower Back pain sequences, since the entire erector spinae seems to be inflamed.
upper back pain:
middle back pain:
lower back pain:

I know you said it feels like "bone pain", but the only thing that makes sense to me would be that you have tight back muscles compressing the space between you vertebrae.  Bones only go where muscles pull or hold them, so releasing the muscles should allow more space for your spine which will result in less pain (hopefully, no more pain).

I do hope this helps.  Also on the Site Map page I have links to pages where  I show you how to release your upper, mid, and lower back with a massage tool, if you are so inclined.

All the best,
Gary Crowley  

Back and Neck Injury

Gary Crowley

I can provide step by step instructions and video tutorials on how to self-administer joint pain relief to every area of the body, such as back, neck, jaw, hands, knees, etc. My website provides this service for free to any and all visitors. If you are willing to learn a few very simple techniques there is a very good chance I can show you how to relieve your own chronic joint pain.

I have been relieving my patients chronic joint pain in my private practice for over 22 years and have worked on approximately 25,000 bodies. I am obsessed with achieving RESULTS for my patients. And have spent decades figuring out the simplest and most effective ways of getting people out of pain. My methods are based on the real world experience of what really works and what does not.

Stanford University, degrees in Economics and Political Science, 1987 Rolf Institute For Structural Integration, 1990 25,000 human bodies, and I've learned from every single one