Back and Neck Injury/Rhomboid muscle

Rescently I had my second back surgery the pain was relieved but the center on left side it was still there burning tingling numbness when I was looked at by my neurosurgeon I was told it was the rhomboid muscle I have had a number of major car accidents and this has bothered me for 3 to 4 years therapy does not seem to be working no one can touch that part of my back without going crazy have I let this go to long that nothing but surgery can give me relief please help

Lawrence Gold Somatics
Lawrence Gold Somatics  
Hello, Carl,

Surgery is not a sound approach to that kind of pain.

If it's your rhomboid muscle, that can easily be addressed with a somatic exercise found in The Cat Stretch Exercises |

To understand the condition, please see the following article:

Since you have had car accidents, an additional article pertains:  

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold

Questions concerning: back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- back muscle spasms -|- "My back went out." -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises for back pain -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Success rate: approx. 95%+

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences.

More complete listing of publications at

Certifications (partial list): Hanna Somatic Education Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration