Back and Neck Injury/Trapezius Injury + C-7

I'm 16 years old and have been working out for around 8 months with relatively high intensity. 2 and a half months ago I got a mild injury on my upper back, I thought nothing of it and kept working out for about a month later, it then became a lot more painful. I saw my doctor and she said I have injured my upper back and should apply heat packs, I did this but the pain didn't subside. I then got an X-Ray but it was all clear. I haven't worked out for over 5 weeks now and the pain isn't showing signs of improving or worsening. I went to the doctor again to ask if a Physio would help and she approved. She then clarafied that I have injured my Trapezius muscle and the C-7 on my spinal cord is where most of the pain dwells. I Saw the physio and he said there was a lot of tention in the left part of my body to which I did not take much notice of. Since being there the pain has gone from the middle of my C-7 to the right and left of my upper-middle of my shoulders and they feel like there's a lot of tention in both of them. I took anti-inflammatories and it helped but that was a few weeks ago. Since seing the physio the pain has just been more spread out accross my upper body. Can someone please tell me what to do to heal this, I haven't worked upper body or done anything strenuous in 5 weeks but the pain doesn't go away. Also an estimated time of healing if you are able to know. I want to get back to working out as soon as possible but wont take any risks at the moment.

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Lawrence Gold Somatics
Lawrence Gold Somatics  

Hanna Somatic Education
Hanna Somatic Educatio  
Hi, Bradley,

Please click this link for my voice-response. |

Relevant articles
On Weight Training |
Completing Recovery from an Injury |

Relevant self-relief programs:
The Cat Stretch Exercises |
Free Yourself from Back Pain |

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold

Questions concerning: back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- back muscle spasms -|- "My back went out." -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises for back pain -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Success rate: approx. 95%+

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences.

More complete listing of publications at

Certifications (partial list): Hanna Somatic Education Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration