Back and Neck Injury/bruised or broken rib

Last night I was lying on the bed and I heard a noise so I rolled over quickly and banged down on the bed, the bed was my friends not mine I am used to a soft mattress but this one was hard, I felt a crack or pop sensation and it scared me, then it was sore on right side of armpit or just below at nipple level but on outside .this morning it does not affect my breathing but it hurts when I cough or move to quickly. I have had a rib problem before but it was worse then this, I am wondering if its my rib or my muscle can muscles make a popping grinding sound like bone on bone. Also I have had lots of triggers in these areas in the past could a trigger make this sort of popping noise if it let go who would think twisting quickly in bed would cause this. What can I do to relieve the soreness and any exercises would be appreciated, I am scared of death as I have death phobia and this is worrying me wondering if I did break a rib, I am too far out of town to get to the doctor this week Any help would be much appreciated .thank you

Hi Marj,

If you didn't bang or bump the side of your ribcage on anything then it would be unlikely that you cracked or bruised a rib, unless you have osteoporosis, then it is certainly possible.  You may have "popped" a rib head out position where it sits between the two vertebrae in your mid to upper back depending on which rib it is on the side that you feel.
But if you did bruise or crack a rib, while it is uncomfortable, there isn't a lot to worry about.  It will just take a few weeks to heal, so hopefully that will help with your phobia.

If you go to my free website,
and go to the Upper Back Pain Relief,
or the Middle Back Pain Relief page,
I show you  how to release the tissue and get that rib head to drop back into place.

I do hope this helps.

Gary Crowley

Back and Neck Injury

Gary Crowley

I can provide step by step instructions and video tutorials on how to self-administer joint pain relief to every area of the body, such as back, neck, jaw, hands, knees, etc. My website provides this service for free to any and all visitors. If you are willing to learn a few very simple techniques there is a very good chance I can show you how to relieve your own chronic joint pain.

I have been relieving my patients chronic joint pain in my private practice for over 22 years and have worked on approximately 25,000 bodies. I am obsessed with achieving RESULTS for my patients. And have spent decades figuring out the simplest and most effective ways of getting people out of pain. My methods are based on the real world experience of what really works and what does not.

Stanford University, degrees in Economics and Political Science, 1987 Rolf Institute For Structural Integration, 1990 25,000 human bodies, and I've learned from every single one