Back and Neck Injury/PT for the shoulder/neck

Question
HI Gary,
I had surgery 6 weeks ago on my pelvis. Laparoscopic and I know they had me in weird positions (I'm a Registered Nurse working mainly in the operating room setting). Since surgery I have struggled with my "shoulder blade" and pain so bad that I can barely turn my head to the left. It is keeping me up at night. It went away and after a social event on Sat night, it came back. I think I need PT and how do I find a reliable PT practice? I moved to Palm Beach County FL 18 months ago and I have no clue as I was in the Philadelphia suburbs for 21 years and knew everyone reputable there. I will try your tips on your 3 videos but this is driving me nuts.
Thanks
Phen

Answer
Hi Phen,

I do think my Neck and Shoulder Pain page,
http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/neck-and-shoulder-pain-relief.ht
would be a good place to start.

From you description of how your pain came about I do think you probably just need
to release some the muscles I show you in my videos.

A good PT is hard to find, in my opinion.  If you are going to go that route, I would try to find one
that works in a sports clinic.  They tend to be a bit more results oriented.

I do hope this helps.

Best,

Gary Crowley  

Back and Neck Injury

Gary Crowley