Back and Neck Injury/sacroiliac pain

16 weeks ago I started having nerve pain in buttocks and bilateral thighs (back and front of left thigh, back of right thigh), but no back pain. I had an EMG that showed L5 radiculopathy and inflammation at L4-5. I attended therapy and when the therapist put me in traction (device that has the belt around your middle and pulls you apart w/ lbs of pressure) the 3rd time, I started having excrutiating low back pain that has not let up much over the past 11 weeks. I had an MRI that showed no disc problems, just mild sclerosis at SI jt, possible sacroiliitis.  The back pain and nerve pain are driving me crazy. I saw a neurologist who prescribed flexeril/muscle relaxer (although he admitted he didnt feel I had a muscle problem). The only other option I have is a pain mgmt consult for possible injections.  I am hesitant to do invasive injections as I've read they can over time break down the SI joint.  I dont know where to turn, I'm 42yrs old and just want to be able to go on walks with my kids & dog again. Any suggestions?

Hi Sandy,

Sorry to hear about your pain.  Yes, I have many suggestions which I do think will help you.  And the good news is that you can probably fix yourself with the information I'm about to provide.

What I'm about to say below is explained in greater detail on my completely free website,
where I have follow-along videos for every joint in the body.

Basically, if you think about all the muscles in your body like the rigging on a big old-fashioned sailboat, you can begin to understand that inappropriate tension in the muscles can cause your structure to be distorted.  And thenů.when you understand that bones are basically chunks of calcium that only go where muscles pull or hold them you can really understand where most chronic pain comes from.  Most chronic pain is caused by the shortening and tightening of tissue (muscles) around joints.

M.D.'s are great when something is broken or ripped (in fact, they are amazing!), but when your MRI shows "nothing wrong" M.D.'s really aren't trained to deal with that type of problem.  Bascially, you need to restore the appropriate space and freedom in your hips and lower back so they can function without pain.

I'm going to recommend you visit my Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief page,
and follow along with the videos.

The Pelvic Girdle Pain Relief page is very similar to the S.I. Joint Page,
but I say things a little differently, so that may be of benefit as well.

Give them a good look, do the techniques and I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
And the main Lower Back Pain Relief page,
has some different techniques that may help as well.  There is a lot of overlap on all these
pages, so it's not as much work as you may think.

I do hope this helps you.

All the best,

Gary Crowley

Back and Neck Injury

Gary Crowley

I can provide step by step instructions and video tutorials on how to self-administer joint pain relief to every area of the body, such as back, neck, jaw, hands, knees, etc. My website provides this service for free to any and all visitors. If you are willing to learn a few very simple techniques there is a very good chance I can show you how to relieve your own chronic joint pain.

I have been relieving my patients chronic joint pain in my private practice for over 22 years and have worked on approximately 25,000 bodies. I am obsessed with achieving RESULTS for my patients. And have spent decades figuring out the simplest and most effective ways of getting people out of pain. My methods are based on the real world experience of what really works and what does not.

Stanford University, degrees in Economics and Political Science, 1987 Rolf Institute For Structural Integration, 1990 25,000 human bodies, and I've learned from every single one