Back and Neck Injury/Pain in Collarbone Lower neck shoulder chest and back from 1 injury

I was playing a ball game at school and i was clenching the ball to my chest on the floor on my side and someone ran and jumped on me i felt a spiky pain in my center chest and collar bone its kind of gone to my left collar bone the following day but is still in a lot of pain. I feel a strange sensation towards the bottom of my lower right throat when i swallow or yawn or sometimes when i am breathing.

Hi Ayo,

Sorry to hear about it. Difficult to say. I'm not sure if you had a visit to the doctor or emergency room for x-rays or any orthopedic checks. Hopefully, you did not sustain any fracture or dislocation. Sounds like a sprain/strain type injury if the above has been ruled out. Not sure if it is affecting your performance or how long ago the incident occurred. From the symptoms, I would look at the sternoclavicular and acromioclavicular joints, possibly the ribs. Also sounds like the scalenes and/or the sternocleidomastoid in the neck may have strained.

I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Dr. Steve

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Steve Ornstein

I can answer questions regarding neck and back pain treatment and general musculoskeletal conditions. Acute, chronic and degenerative conditions using various methods; exercise, rehabilitation, traction. Pain relief methods and professional quality products via website at which can be used at home.

Graduated Chiropractic College in 1987, working in numerous clinics within two states using a variety of manual and physiological therapies. Involved in martial arts for 20 years.

Chiropractor Sherman College, Certified in Physiological Therapeutics from National Chiropractic College, Certified Peer Review Consultant from New York Chiropractic College, Studied with Dr. Cox using Flexion Distraction Technique, Studied with Dr. Leahy using Active Release Technique. Myofascial Release with Dr. Rockwell - Parker Chiropractic College. Certified in Modic Antibiotic Spinal Therapy.