Back and Neck Injury/Spinal tumor?

Question
Dear Dr. Ornstein,

Thank you so much, you are so nice and helpful.

I just want to give you the extra information i forgot to mention in my other questions.
As for the level of the spinal thoracic pain/paresthesia: its pretty much located in the mid, radiating more to the left (area diectly under the shoulder blade) . I also just noticed than upon physical dermal stimulation of this area the pressure feeling intensifies.

As for the symptoms suggestive of SVC: i have been experiencing facial/neck/upper body swelling, which considerably worsens when bending foward as well as prominently visble tiny veins on chest, rarely shortness of breath (when swelling is worst) .
I have never dealt with anxiety and panic attacks so far. Mentally, i am quite strong (despite or maybe because i have already been though much )

Sarah

Answer
Hi Sarah,

Well, lets see the results and take it from there. Hopefully, I can discuss a musculoskeletal problem and perhaps give some advice. I am glad to hear you are handling this so well. Perhaps better than I at this point. It does sound like there is a problem, but we will have to wait and see. I am not so strong. I remember studying in school all the various diseases and would panic if I had any symptom remotely close. Over the years, my hypochondriac tendencies have not abated much. I salute you for your courage. It is possible that the mid back pain is musculoskeletal and I hope that is all that it is. Perhaps a pinched nerve or an active trigger point. It is also possible the SVC symptoms are not related to any tumor. Things like this tend to grasp my mind in an unrelenting way. I will be very interested to hear how things go, please keep in touch. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Dr. Steve

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Steve Ornstein