Back and Neck Injury/recent fall

Hi, I fell face down Sat night outside, with my left breast landing right on a concrete garden ornament I have (a turtle, so ornament is rounded, not sharp). Five days later I am still having a lot of soreness, and the bruising is about 4 cm x 2 cm. It is so near the nipple, and I am concerned about what to look for in the future. Could I have done irreparable damage to my breast? I have heard that trauma sometimes predisposes a woman for cancer of the breast. Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Hi Patricia,

I am sorry for the late response as I did not get my notifications from AllExperts regarding pending questions. I hope in the time that has passed that you have healed and this is no longer an issue. While out of my area of expertise, you gynecologist should do a thorough examination which may include a mammogram to see the extent of any damage. I'm not sure what risk this would pose going into the future. I guess that would depend on the extent of the injury and family history. Again, I apologize for the late response and hope this finds you completely healed and worry free.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Steve

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Steve Ornstein

I can answer questions regarding neck and back pain treatment and general musculoskeletal conditions. Acute, chronic and degenerative conditions using various methods; exercise, rehabilitation, traction. Pain relief methods and professional quality products via website at which can be used at home.

Graduated Chiropractic College in 1987, working in numerous clinics within two states using a variety of manual and physiological therapies. Involved in martial arts for 20 years.

Chiropractor Sherman College, Certified in Physiological Therapeutics from National Chiropractic College, Certified Peer Review Consultant from New York Chiropractic College, Studied with Dr. Cox using Flexion Distraction Technique, Studied with Dr. Leahy using Active Release Technique. Myofascial Release with Dr. Rockwell - Parker Chiropractic College. Certified in Modic Antibiotic Spinal Therapy.